Threads of time...

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

When my father would keep awake at night..

While I was small, I could never figure out what rituals my father would perform by being awake late at night or spending sleepless nights. I still faintly remember his back visible in faint light of night sitting on the edge of the cot. Once in a while i would see my mother giving him a glass of water. But mostly it was austerity.For me it was just a re-affirmation of he being there ,so i need not worry of dark silent lonely nights. With the dawn it was yet another playful day. I never asked and he would never tell. I just grew-up watching his back.

Years came and went.Decades slipped by. He is also gone to his resting abode and I am sitting here clock ticking well past mid-night performing the same ritual, however,with realization of what he crafted with that bent back at those long hours in the night as I contemplate on my family, my off-springs and their tomorrow.This must have been a time of great activity for him planning,wrecking his brain,fights within & with ouside world and prayers for us all ! The peaceful solemn back and that silver white head resting on it was perhaps even more active in dark hours then it was during the day ! It must have been really difficult being a father even for a day but he would never say, he never said , till he finally rested in bed.

Labels:

posted by Nomade at 3:28 AM

1 Comments:

FATHER.. this word means a WORLD to me... he is a brother... a friend.. a guide... a companion with whom I can share all grief n pain.. my dillema.. my confusion... my anxieties... my yearnings.... he takes all..... without expecting anythng in return... I am what I AM because of HIM...

November 6, 2007 at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home